Enter <Back Office><Stock Items> section. Here you can add new or amend existing stock items.
Tilgo has a Stock Management system built-in, that will predict your current stock levels, based on your deliveries and what you have sold. It also can <Create Orders> to be sent to a supplier for delivery based on specified minimum stock levels verses current estimate levels. The entry of information in this “Stock Items” section will feed into these features.
To add a new Item, use the icon at the top of the screen. To Edit an item, select the item you wish to edit and click on . The Orange row is for filtering the current data. It will auto filter as you type.
Allows you to download all the Stock Items to a csv file. Use this file to then create an upload as it has the correct headers and file format.
Allows you to upload new and amend existing stock items. To upload new items, the “StockID” column in the csv file needs to be left blank. If there are any errors, nothing will be actioned, and a new file will be generated which will have a descrition of the error on the relevant row on the far right column of the file.
- Description – The name as it will appear on the Till and reports. This can not be changed once created.
- Stock ID: disabled – will be auto-generated when saved.
- Price Size / Fixed Variable: There are 2 options available:
- Price Fixed. Size Fixed: When you select the item on the main till, the price will be set by the ‘Till Price’, and the quantity for inventory management is set by ‘Till Volume/Till Units’
- Price Variable. Size Fixed : When you select the item on the main till, a popup box will ask you every time for the price. e.g. as shown below. The quantity for inventory management is set by ‘Till Volume/Till Units’.
- Till Price – The price charged to the customer in £ GBP. This is in reference to the ‘Till Volume / Unit’
- Till Category – Where the Item is displayed on the Till.
A Stock Item can be 1) an Item that is simply delivered and then sold, eg 1 bottle of beer or a Mars bar. 2) an item that is delivered and then sold in parts or whole, eg a glass/bottle of wine 3) A Item that is a mixture of other delivered items eg a cocktail. 4) an Item that is sold with no delivery, eg Room Hire. 5) an Item that is made up from other delivered items but you choose not to track the use of ingredients. eg Fish and Chips.
- From Ingredients – By ticking this, the units for Stock Management will be derived from the <Ingredients> section, as opposed to the next 4 fields in <Stock Items>. So this should be ticked for cocktails or glasses of wine.
- Delivery Volume – the volume of one unit that is delivered. eg 70cl for a bottle of gin
- Delivery Units – cl (centilitre) / ml (millilitre) / litre / pint / unit / g (gram) / kg
- Till Volume – The amount of a single unit of this item that is sold on the till will consume from stock management. eg a shot of gin would be 25ml.
- Till Units – cl (centilitre) / ml (millilitre) / litre / pint / unit / g (gram) / kg
As part of the Stock Management feature, Tilgo can auto-generate an “Order” that can be sent to a supplier for delivery. It will be pre-populated with any items whereby the current estimated stock level is below the “Min Level”, the quantity of that item, will then be “Par Level” minus current estimated stock level. i.e. if the current estimated stock level falls below below the Min Level, then an “Delivery” can be generated to take the stock levels back up to the Par Level
- Default Supplier – used for creating supplier orders
- Cost Per Unit – The default cost in £ GBP per ‘Delivery Volume/Unit’. When a delivery actually occurs you can override the cost.
- Min Level – No of delivered units, e.g. 3 x 70cl bottle of Gin.
- Par Level – No of delivered units, e.g. 7 x 70cl bottle of Gin.
E.g using the above Min/Par level examples, if the current estimated stock level is 5 bottles of Gin, then no “Delivery” for the default supplier will be generated. However if the current estimated stock level falls to 2 units ( ie you just sold another 3 bottles) , then an order for 8 units will be generated.
- Report Category – Used for grouping Items in <Reports>. Tagged at the lowest level (2) of the Report Category Hierarchy. If left blank, items in the <Reports> will tagged as ‘Unknown’.
- Promo Group – Used to group items together for use in promotions. eg with a 3 course set menu you many have a more limited options available. For instance your normal menu may have 10 starters, 10 mains and 10 desserts, but for the Set Menu you only want allow 4 specific ones of each. So you would set up “Set Menu Starter”, “Set Menu Main” and “Set Menu Dessert” in the <Promo Groups> and <Promo Combo Setup> and link to the specific Stock Items here.
- Printer Group – The default printer where a customer request will be sent, eg bottle of wine to “Bar” printer or Fish and Chips to “Kitchen” printer.
- Colour – The colour of the button on the Till. Useful if you put a variety of different Items in the same Till Category, you can then differentiate them by Colour.
- Till Order Sequence – the sequence in which the buttons are displayed within a Till Category on the Till. You may find it easier to use the visual drag and drop functionality for reordering in the <Till Category> section, using button.
- Barcode/QR Code: Enter in manually or use the Scanner button to activate the device Camera. You can also create a QR code from the text/number that is present in this field by clicking the button. A QR code image will be displayed, and from there you can print, download or copy to clipboard.
- Tax Band – The VAT rate to be applied to the Stock Item.
- Exclude From Stock Take. Make this ticked for Stock Items that you want excluded from the Stock Management feature, eg Room Hire, or maybe prepared food.
Example setup below:
|Description||Pacifico||Moet and Chandon Bottle||Moet and Chandon Small Glass||Gordons Gin||Vesper Martini||Fish and Chips||Room Hire||Description|
|Price Size / Fixed Variable||Price Fixed. Size Fixed||Price Fixed. Size Fixed||Price Fixed. Size Fixed||Price Fixed. Size Fixed||Price Fixed. Size Fixed||Price Fixed. Size Fixed||Price Variable. Size Fixed||Price Size / Fixed Variable|
|Till Price||4.5||45||8||6.5||9||10||Till Price|
|From Ingredients||☐||☐||☑||☐||☑||☑||From Ingredients|
|Delivery Volume||330||75||0||70||0||0||1||Delivery Volume|
|Delivery Units||ml||cl||cl||cl||cl||cl||Unit||Delivery Units|
|Till Volume||330||75||0||25||0||0||1||Till Volume|
|Till Units||ml||cl||cl||ml||cl||cl||Unit||Till Units|
|Default Supplier||Averys||Averys||Averys||Default Supplier|
|Cost Per Unit||1.5||25||30||Cost Per Unit|
|Min Level||20||5||2||Min Level|
|Par Level||50||20||5||Par Level|
|Group 1||Drinks||Drinks||Drinks||Drinks||Drinks||Food||Other||Group 1|
|Group 2||Beer||Champagne||Champagne||Gin||Cocktail||Mains||Other||Group 2|
|Promo Group||Promo Group|
|Printer Group||Bar||Bar||Bar||Bar||Bar||Kitchen||Printer Group|
|Tax Band||VAT||VAT||VAT||VAT||VAT||VAT||VAT||Tax Band|
|Exclude From Stock Take||☑||☑||Exclude From Stock Take|
|Comments||Setup like this if you intend to sell the bottle as well as a glass||Setup like this if you intend to sell the bottle as well as a glass - Measures are setup under the 'Ingredients' section||Setup like this If you dont intend to sell the bottle but only a part of it||This is a cocktail the make up of which is defined in the 'Ingredients' section.||For a product that you don’t want to track the ingredients for||Where a variable price is applicable. eg room hire, that may vary depending of time of day or around certain events like new year.||Comments|
Barcode / QR:
Selecting the Scanner button will activate the device’s camera, to enable you to scan an item’s barcode, instead of typing it in manually.
Align the Blue line with the barcode, and press the Scan Button. A successful scan will result in a beep sound and the blue line turning green temporarily. A popup will then occur if it recognises the barcode in our database, and allow you to import the description and if present volume.
The Scanner can read UPC and EAN Barcodes as well as QR Codes. If your device has more than one camera you can switch between them using the button.